5 tips for summer swim safety
While you’re out there splish-splashin’ and having a blast in the water, don’t forget to use caution.
- Always swim with a buddy. If something goes wrong, you’ll have someone nearby to assist.
- Only swim in designated areas. There’s a reason why certain areas are deemed off limits for swimming, so don’t risk it!
- Maintain constant supervision of children. When it comes to accidents on the water, every second counts!
- Don’t engage in horseplay near water.
- Children should be equiped with a proper fitting life jacket to ensure better safety and accident prevention.
For more information and tips, contact your doctor. If you do not have a doctor, call 1-800-Doctors or visit 1-800-doctors.com to find a family physician right for you.