7 tips for new dads
This Father's Day, to help prepare for and ease the transition into parenthood, Baptist Hospital has prepared a checklist to help new dads welcome new babies:
New Dad (and Mom) Checklist:
- Arrange prenatal visits with your doctor.
- Consider childbirth classes and take a tour of the hospital. Pre-admitting to the hospital allows you to complete paperwork in advance so you can focus on the birth of your baby.
- Select your baby’s physician, ideally before the eighth month of pregnancy.
- Purchase essential supplies, like diapers, wash cloths, blankets, a cradle or crib and a car seat (preferably installed.)
- Plan ahead, Tennessee state law requires you outfit your car with an infant safety seat before taking baby home. Have the seat ready when mom and baby come home.
- Going grocery shopping, doing the laundry and prepping meals are a huge contribution while mom is taking time to heal.
- Try to sleep when mom and baby are sleeping, and plan to get up with the baby to allow mom some rest.