Need Patient Information? Visit SaintThomasHealth.com
Subscribe for updates:
Nothing Shall Be Impossible

6 sparkler safety tips

Sparklers are sometimes considered a less dangerous alternative to larger explosives, when in fact they account for the majority of fireworks injuries. They burn at a temperature of 2000 degrees or more (the heat of a blow torch), so they can cause mild to severe burns if not handled with care.

 

To minimize the risk of burns, follow these safety tips for sparklers:

 

  • Never sit down while using sparklers. Always remain standing.

 

  • Never hold your child or anything flammable in your arms while using sparklers.

 

  • Only light one sparkler at a time, never more.

 

  • Do not throw sparklers.

 

  • If a sparkler goes out, the wire and stick will remain hot long after use. Have water on hand to cool the sparkler in.

 

  • Never wave or run with sparklers. 
facebook   twitter   youtube
Saint Thomas Health      ©2014 Saint Thomas Health    |    Media Policies    |    Privacy Policy