It's hot! 5 tips for preventing heat rash
Dr. Jennifer Rayburn, internal medicine practitioner for Saint Thomas Health, recommends the following tips for preventing heat rash.
- Keep the heat down in your showers
- Wash with fragrance-free and dye-free body cleansers
- Avoid using lotions, powders and creams that you would usually use
- Avoid going outside in the heat of the day; if you are going to go out try to get out early (before noon) or later in the afternoon
- Wear loose fitted clothing
- Linen and lightweight cotton outfits allow your skin to breathe rather than trapping the moisture and heat against your skin
Don’t have a primary care physician? Call 1-800-Doctors for a free physician referral or call 615-284-1450 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Rayburn.