Protecting against carpal tunnel
Many of us spend our days typing away on the keyboard. Overtime, this may contribute to your overall body health, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It is important to take care of your body even in the work environment.
Here are five tips for improving your protection against Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Relax your grip and reduce force
- Avoid bending your wrist all the way up or down
- Maintain good posture with your neck flexible and head upright
- Take a 3-minute “wrist breaks”
- Keep your computer screen at eye-level
For more information, contact the following Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital hand and upper extremity orthopaedic surgery specialist: Dr. S.R. Brown and Dr. Kyle Joyner at 896-6800. Both Dr. Brown and Dr. Joyner are Board Certified Fellowship trained hand surgeons.