Baptist Hospital Announces 2013 Medical Staff Leaders
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Feb. 5, 2013 - Baptist Hospital has announced its medical staff officers and department and division chiefs for 2013.
Baptist Hospital medical staff officers for 2013 include Dr. Robert M. Hutton as chief of staff; Dr. Mark D. Peacock as vice chief of staff; and Dr. Steven H. Tai as president and secretary/treasurer.
The 2013 department chiefs include:
- Dr. Steven B. Shankle, chief of anesthesiology
- Dr. Robert M. Hutton, chief of emergency medicine
- Dr. Henry L. Harrell, chief of medicine
- Dr. Stephen P. Humphrey, chief of medical imaging
- Dr. Carl R. Hampf, chief of neurosurgery
- Dr. Douglas H. Brown, chief of obstetrics and gynecology
- Dr. Gray C. Stahlman, chief of orthopedics
- Dr. Barrett D. Brantley, chief of pathology
- Dr. Mark D. Hughes, chief of pediatrics
- Dr. George B. Lynch, chief of surgery
- Dr. Marcy J. Abel, chief of urology
The 2013 division chiefs include:
- Dr. Venkat Reddy, division chief of family medicine
- Dr. Bryan K. Ward, division chief of hospital medicine
- Dr. Hanson B. Cowan, division chief of critical care medicine
- Dr. Dale R. Pilkinton, division chief of ophthalmology
- Dr. Jerrall P. Cook, division chief of otolaryngology
- Dr. Brian P. Tierney, division chief of plastic surgery
In addition, Dr. A. Brian Wilcox will serve as past chief of staff and Dr. Tracey Doering will serve as representative of the internal medicine residency program.
About Baptist Hospital
Baptist Hospital is a member of Saint Thomas Health, Middle Tennessee’s faith-based, not-for-profit health care system with more than 6,500 associates. Saint Thomas Health is focused on transforming the health care experience and helping people live healthier lives, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. The regional health system includes – Baptist Hospital, Saint Thomas Hospital and The Hospital for Spinal Surgery in Nashville, Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro and Hickman Community Hospital in Centerville – and a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. Saint Thomas Health is a member of Ascension Health, a Catholic organization that is the largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. For more information, visit www.baptisthospital.com or www.sths.com.