Love your furry friend: 5 health benefits of having a pet
We’ve all got a soft spot for our furry friends, but are you aware of the many benefits these four-legged friends offer us?
- Their need to be active helps you to stay active.
- Owning a pet helps fight depression.
- Cat owners tend to have fewer strokes.
- Children who grow up in a home with a dog or cat develop stronger immune systems to fight allergies.
- Pet owners, in general, have decreased blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Do you have a furry friend that’s near and dear to your heart? Share your photos on our Facebook page!