Halloween Safety Tips
As Halloween approaches, it is important to remind your children about trick-or-treat safety. Halloween is one of the most exciting holidays for children and following basic safety guidelines will ensure that your child is safe and can enjoy all the fun this holiday brings.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while trick-or-treating:
- Ask children not to eat any treats before an adult has examined them for evidence of tampering.
- Children under 12 should always be accompanied by an adult or an older, responsible child.
- All children should walk, not run from house to house and use the sidewalk if available.
- Bags or sacks should be light colored or decorated with reflective tape. Children should also carry flashlights.
- Children should go only to homes where the residents are known and have outside lights on as a sign of welcome.
- Children should not enter homes or apartments unless they are accompanied by an adult.