SAINT THOMAS HEALTH RENAMES PHYSICIAN PRACTICES
To further align all members of Saint Thomas Health into One Healing Community, the board of directors at Saint Thomas Physician Services (STPS) today announced their vote to change all practice names that are owned by Saint Thomas Health.
The STPS practices’ name change is necessary to deliver consistency with the new facility names, announced in July, and to ensure patients and the community are aware that Saint Thomas Health’s physician practices are part of the system’s One Healing Community.
“Saint Thomas Health hospitals and physicians practices have provided reverent care to Middle Tennesseans for more than 115 years,” said Dr. Mike Schatzlein, CEO of Saint Thomas Health. “During that time, we have consistently evolved to meet the changing needs of our communities. These names better reflect the collaboration that exists among our facilities and unites us in our goal of pursuing better health for all Middle Tennesseans.”
The name change, effective today, includes:
- Columbia Medical Group will be: Saint Thomas Medical Associates-Columbia
- Columbia Walk-In Clinic will be: Saint Thomas Walk-In Clinic-Columbia
- Eagleville Medical Group will be: Saint Thomas Community Health Center-Eagleville
- Heart, Lung and Vascular Surgery will be: Saint Thomas Heart, Lung and Vascular Surgery
- Hermitage Medical Group will be: Saint Thomas Medical Associates-Hermitage
- Middle Tennessee Medical Group will be: Saint Thomas Medical Associates-Rutherford
- Sleep Medicine of Middle Tennessee will be: Saint Thomas Sleep Specialists
- Tennessee Bariatric Specialists will be: Saint Thomas Bariatric Specialists
- Tennessee Breast Specialists will be: Saint Thomas Breast Specialists
- Tennessee Neurology Specialists will be: Saint Thomas Neurology Specialists
- Tennessee Thoracic Surgical Specialists will be: Saint Thomas Thoracic Surgical Specialists
- Women’s Health Specialists of Middle Tennessee will be: Saint Thomas Women’s Specialists
Practices without name change:
- Metro Center Healthcare Group
- Nashville Medical Group
- Saint Thomas Heart
Along with the name change, STPS is set to launch a new website that will feature all practice locations, services provided within Saint Thomas Health and will be a valuable resource for health information and updates. Visit www.SaintThomasDoctors.com
About Saint Thomas Health
Saint Thomas Health is Middle Tennessee’s faith-based, not-for-profit health care system united under the common mission of one healing community. With more than 7,000 associates, Saint Thomas Health is focused on transforming the health care experience and helping people live healthier lives, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. The regional health system includes – Saint Thomas Hospital for Spinal Surgery, Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Saint Thomas West Hospital in Nashville, Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital in Murfreesboro and Saint Thomas Hickman Hospital in Centerville – and a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. Saint Thomas Health is a member of Ascension Health, a Catholic organization that is the largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. For more information, visit www.sths.com.