Preparing for the post-holiday blues
The societal pressures, fading daytime hours, and simply getting back to the bump and grind tend to cause a sense of depression following the holidays, making the post holiday blues a common sufferance. Here are some healthy activities to fight back on those blue days:
- Use the last few years as a reference to find what relaxed you in the past.
- Look on the bright-side. Try to find small things in your everyday routine that make you happy.
- Stay connected with your loved ones, not relying solely on the holidays to stay in touch.
- Maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Pick up a new hobby or activity like yoga, cooking new foods or starting a new book.
Need a physician? Call 1-800-DOCTORS for a free referral.